It’s so easy to make, you’ll feel guilty about giving it as a Mother’s Day present!
Although, cutting out the butterflies will probably take you a good 40 minutes, but that’s nothing a cup of tea and a Jane Austen DVD can’t solve, right?
1. Starting with a pillow form (or an old, plain throw pillow), cut enough felt to fit around the pillow with about 4-5″ of overlap on top, and no more than 1/2″ overlap on the sides:
2. With the fabric still wrapped around the pillow, put a pin in each corner to mark a centered working space:
3. Print out this little template:
And cut out 16 felt butterflies in whichever colors your little heart desires.
4. Take the pillow cover off, and pin the butterflies on, within your marked space.
5. Then stitch around the butterfly bodies, like so:
6. With the pillow cover inside out, wrap it around your pillow and pin the top overlap, as pictured, then slip the pillow out, and sew both sides closed.
Turn it right-side-out, and use the slit in the back to put your pillow form back in! All done!