- 4 fish fillets, about 6 oz. each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon: 1/2 zested and juiced, the other half cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 2 teaspoons dried
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the fillets. Heat butter in a skillet large enough to hold fish in a single layer. When pan is hot, add fillets and cook about 5 minutes, turn and cook until done. Allow about 10 minutes total cooking time for each inch of thickness.
- Remove fillets to a warm platter or individual serving plates.( See TIP ) Add wine, zest and lemon juice to skillet, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Add cream and dill and boil until sauce begins to thicken, 1 – 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and spoon sauce over fish. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges on the side.